UK: Interbrew signs supply deal with Six Continents
Interbrew UK has signed a supply agreement with Six Continents Retail - the largest managed house operator in the UK - which will see draught Stella Artois introduced into the company's outlets nationwide.
Under the new agreement, draught Stella Artois will be stocked in selected retail brands across Six Continents Retail, with roll out commencing in December. The new agreement was negotiated following the successful trial of draught Stella Artois in 25 Six Continents Retail outlets during the summer.
Six Continents Retail owns and manages a network of more than 2,000 outlets of which over 900 are branded including All Bar One, O'Neills, Harvester and Ember Inns.
Allan Tudor, on-trade sales director of Interbrew UK, said: "This is a major landmark in the development of Stella Artois. Thousands of consumers will now have the choice of Stella Artois in the many different occasions Six Continents caters for in its restaurants, pubs and bars.
"It supports our long-term strategy of building distribution of Stella Artois through developing trading relationships with successful retailers. There is enormous potential to build the joint business through offering our quality programme to Six Continents customers.
"At 44% liquor weighted distribution, Stella Artois is the most widely available draught premium lager brand - but that still leaves a lot of scope for growth in the years ahead. This new agreement represents a major step towards achieving our long-term strategy of making Stella Artois available to as many consumers as possible."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research