COMMENT: Interbrew seeking the x-factor
Interbrew is launching a UK promotional campaign for Castlemaine to introduce the authentic brand to higher bracket consumers. The brand will look to appeal to today's consumers who are demanding quality and authentic experiences from on-trade establishments. The promotions for Castlemaine are also seeking to exploit consumers' lack of rigid drinking choices.
Interbrew is to undertake a four-strand push for its Castlemaine XXXX brand, one of the top ten UK lager brands, in an attempt to raise its profile amongst higher bracket consumers. "The key objectives are to drive trial and create a reappraisal of the brand," says Interbrew trade marketing manager Richard Ingram. The campaign will target consumers between the ages of 18 and 34 years, however, the main emphasis will be the 25 to 35 year old age range that is often overlooked by drinks companies focusing on younger adult drinkers.
Interbrew has recognized the potential for targeting the more discerning drinker and is aiming to create a higher quality and more mature image for the brand to appeal to these consumers and distance itself from the culture of vertical drinking.
Castlemaine is using a variety of promotions to emphasize its Australian heritage and add value to on-trade experiences. The company is using promotions including the development of a mobile bar in the form of an outback-style dunny, the return of the XXXX Pool Shark competition and scratch card competitions offering Australian-style adventure experiences. Such marketing strategies will appeal to today's consumers as there is a growing desire to maximize their limited leisure time through more intense and authentic experiences from the on-trade.
There is a lack of rigid drinking choice in the on-trade, with 70% of customers unsure of what they are going to order before they get to the bar. Interbrew UK has recognized the huge potential for influencing consumer choice and developing brand loyalty through promotions and events within on-trade establishments. The combination of events and point of sale materials means Interbrew will not overlook the 31% of consumers who do not visit the bar.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review