BELGIUM: Interbrew reaches agreement over plant closure
The Belgian beer giant Interbrew has reached an agreement with its unions on the restructuring of its industrial network in Western Europe. This restructuring will include the closure of its Breda plant in the Netherlands and the downsizing of its Boddington plant in the UK.
The measures were announced last September, but the company said today that the total cost for the industrial restructuring would amount to €44m. This amount will be charged to the full year 2002 results, in the form of a net non-cash asset write-down of €16m (the previously announced €25m gross minus land value) and a cash cost for the social plan of €28m.
As a result of this restructuring, Interbrew expects a yearly improvement in EBIT of approx. €24m by 2005. "This restructuring is in line with the company's policy to focus on cash paybacks of three years or less," Interbrew said in a statement.
In the September announcement, Interbrew said it expected the restructuring to lead to 400 job losses.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends