BELGIUM: Interbrew launches new PET packaging
The packaging will be available worldwide, but the initial launch will be on the Russian market with the brand Klinskoy.
The launch is a response to increasing consumer demand for beer packed in PET, the company said.
PIVOPACK is based on a single layer barrier enhanced resin technology. "The excellent barrier properties of PIVOPACK offer an outstanding protection against oxygen and light, whilst keeping the carbonation inside the bottle. These properties allow Interbrew to guarantee the freshness and quality of the beer in combination with the convenience of a PET bottle: light and unbreakable," the company said.
"PIVOPACK will be introduced in the Russian market to make our Klinskoye® brand available nationwide in PET bottles of different sizes, in order to fulfil the needs of our consumers." said André Weckx, Chief Executive Officer of SUN Interbrew. "The Russian State Institute of Beer Industry, the leading Russian organisation that controls the beer quality standards, fully endorses this new type of package. The Institute's specialists confirm, by comparative tastings, that beer in PIVOPACK is of the same quality as beer in a glass bottle and superior to beer in regular PET."
The development of this innovative PET technology is the result of a cooperation between M&G (Gruppo Mossi & Ghisolfi), a leading PET polymer and preform manufacturer, and Interbrew.
Marco Ghisolfi, CEO and shareholder in M&G says, "This is a major breakthrough in technology for the PET industry which enables our customers quick and easy access to market without major capital expenditure. M&G's new family of barrier resins for monolayer containers will, I believe, accelerate significantly the penetration of PET as the preferred packaging material for oxygen sensitive beverages."
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review