GERMANY: Interbrew launches bid for Germany's Gilde Brauerei
Interbrew, the Belgian brewing giant, has offered to acquire Brauergilde Hannover, the parent company of German brewer Gilde Brauerei, in a deal valued at €523m (US$526.6m). In a move, which will strengthen Interbrew's position in the German market (it already owns Becks and Diebels after acquisitions last year), the Belgian company also offered to buy the 14.6% of Gilde that Brauergilde Hannover did not own, once the first deal had been completed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport