GERMANY: Interbrew launches bid for Germany's Gilde Brauerei
Interbrew, the Belgian brewing giant, has offered to acquire Brauergilde Hannover, the parent company of German brewer Gilde Brauerei, in a deal valued at €523m (US$526.6m). In a move, which will strengthen Interbrew's position in the German market (it already owns Becks and Diebels after acquisitions last year), the Belgian company also offered to buy the 14.6% of Gilde that Brauergilde Hannover did not own, once the first deal had been completed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down