BELGIUM: Interbrew jobs safe, HQ stays put - report
Trade unions in Belgium have been quick to reassure their members employed by Interbrew that their jobs are safe, following comments by the company's chief executive.
At a luncheon on Friday, John Brock was quoted as saying that the Belgian brewer does not need all the 75 breweries that it owns. "We must be better-integrated and more efficient," Brock was quoted as saying.
A spokesman for Belgian Trade Union FGTB said on Sunday that the brewer's Belgian operations are not expected to be subject to job cuts.
Seperately, Interbrew has told the Belgian Finance Minister that it will keep its headquarters in the country, according to press reports. The brewing giant had been considering moving to Luxembourg or another low-tax location.
Brock met on Friday with Reynders and Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, Le Soir reported.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK