US: Interbrew hands Bass rights to Labatt USA
The Belgian brewer Interbrew is to hand the importing and marketing rights to its Bass Ale brand to Labatt USA for a 12 to 18 month period. The deal will begin at the beginning of July when the current contract with the Guinness Bass Import Company runs out.
Labatt USA (LUSA) is a joint venture between Interbrew and the leading Latin American beverage group Femsa.
"As part of the LUSA portfolio, Bass Ale will be given the full support of Interbrew, including a commitment to the development of marketing plans, distributor programming and trade support. This agreement also allows the existing core brands of the Labatt USA portfolio to benefit from incremental marketing support and sales resources," Interbrew said.
It also said that Interbrew and FEMSA would assess the "desirability of a longer-term arrangement for LUSA to serve as the US distributor of Bass Ale", over the next 18 months.
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends