US: Interbrew gains rights to Bass in US
Interbrew will obtain operating control of the Bass Ale brand in the US, as of 30 June, 2003.
Bass Ale accounts for more than 25% of all super-premium imported beers in the US and the brand will give Interbrew operational control of 7 out of the top 12 best-selling imported beers, as well as 23.7% of the import segment. In addition, Bass Ale's 700,000-hectolitres volume will significantly strengthen Interbrew's position in the American on-trade market, the company said.
"We look forward to working with Diageo on developing Bass® Ale in the US market during the transition period until June 2003," said Hugo Powell, Interbrew's CEO. "I firmly believe that Bass® Ale will considerably enhance our portfolio of brands, and strengthen our position in the rapidly growing import segment of the market."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research