UK: Interbrew extends tennis sponsorship deal
The UK arm of the brewing giant Interbrew UK has signed a new £10m sponsorship deal for the Queen's Club Tennis Championships — the traditional warm-up championship for Wimbeldon.
The deal between Interbrew UK and the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) extends the sponsorship for a further five years. It means that the tournament, which celebrated its 25th year last summer by attracting record crowds, will stretch into a 31st year.
The new agreement begins in 2005 — following this summer's tournament.
Callum MacKay, head of media and marketing services, Interbrew UK, said: "I am particularly pleased to have secured an extension to this sponsorship. The evidence is clear that the Stella Artois Championships makes a major contribution to the performance of the brand and to international tennis.
"During the past 25 years, the tournament has been a key factor in driving the success of Stella Artois which has grown to become the No 1 premium lager in the on-trade and the No 1 alcoholic drinks brand in the take home market. The extension of the sponsorship will provide a firm foundation on which to generate further sales growth."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends