BELGIUM: Interbrew expects EBITDA to fall short of consensus
The Belgian brewer Interbrew has indicated that core profits for the year may come in below consensus forecasts, because of pension costs and foreign exchange discrepancies.
Interbrew spoke to analysts yesterday, updating them on its targets and performance for the year. The brewer reportedly is seeing its earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) coming on target and earnings on a per-share basis reaching €1.5.
Interbrew confirmed it spoke to analysts but declined further comment.
Talking to Reuters, one analyst said: ""There is weaker cash flow but the EPS (earnings per share) is in line."
The consensus for 2002 core profits or earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortisation (EBITDA) before restructuring of its UK operations had been at around €1.5 billion, but the brewer reportedly told the analysts it expected it to be about €1.4 billion.
It blamed higher pension costs due to the market downturn as well as a strong euro against the Russia rouble and the Canadian dollar.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future