SPAIN: Interbrew expansion moves into Spain
The giant Belgian brewer Interbrew announced today that it has taken a significant step into the Spanish beer market by acquiring a 12.6% percent stake in Spain's third largest brewer Damm. The move continues the company's recent policy of aggressive expansion and provides Interbrew with a "potential stepping stone for further involvement in the Spanish beer market," said Interbrew chief executive Hugo Powell in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO