SPAIN: Interbrew expansion moves into Spain
The giant Belgian brewer Interbrew announced today that it has taken a significant step into the Spanish beer market by acquiring a 12.6% percent stake in Spain's third largest brewer Damm. The move continues the company's recent policy of aggressive expansion and provides Interbrew with a "potential stepping stone for further involvement in the Spanish beer market," said Interbrew chief executive Hugo Powell in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends