BELGIUM: Interbrew down on BBAG bidding war fears
AS the battle to seal a deal with BBAG, the Austrian brewer which opened itself up to bid last week, looms, shares in Interbrew fell more than 5%, on fears the Belgian giant would be tempted to overpay for a takeover. Growing investor concern of a costly takeover battle saw Interbrew's stock fall 5.3% to €18 euros before recovering to €18.15 euros.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Bacardi announces CFO switch