BELGIUM: Interbrew down on BBAG bidding war fears
AS the battle to seal a deal with BBAG, the Austrian brewer which opened itself up to bid last week, looms, shares in Interbrew fell more than 5%, on fears the Belgian giant would be tempted to overpay for a takeover. Growing investor concern of a costly takeover battle saw Interbrew's stock fall 5.3% to €18 euros before recovering to €18.15 euros.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down