STOP PRESS: Interbrew confirms Stella talks with Lion Nathan
Belgian brewer Interbrew has confirmed that it is negotiating with Lion Nathan to allow its flagship brand Stella Artois to be brewed under licence in New Zealand."Talks are in the final stages for a new deal with Lion Nathan. This is to change its present import agreement for Stella Artois and switch it to a licence one, whereby the beer is brewed in New Zealand," a Interbrew spokesman told just-drinks.com.Sources at Lion Nathan had told local reporters that a decision would be made on Wednesday but Interbrew said "no time frame had been agreed as yet."CEO Gordon Cairns had hinted at further involvement with Interbrew and the Stella Artois brand last month in an interview he gave to just-drinks.com (see
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends