STOP PRESS: Interbrew confirms Stella talks with Lion Nathan
Belgian brewer Interbrew has confirmed that it is negotiating with Lion Nathan to allow its flagship brand Stella Artois to be brewed under licence in New Zealand."Talks are in the final stages for a new deal with Lion Nathan. This is to change its present import agreement for Stella Artois and switch it to a licence one, whereby the beer is brewed in New Zealand," a Interbrew spokesman told just-drinks.com.Sources at Lion Nathan had told local reporters that a decision would be made on Wednesday but Interbrew said "no time frame had been agreed as yet."CEO Gordon Cairns had hinted at further involvement with Interbrew and the Stella Artois brand last month in an interview he gave to just-drinks.com (see
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts