STOP PRESS: Interbrew confirms Stella talks with Lion Nathan
Belgian brewer Interbrew has confirmed that it is negotiating with Lion Nathan to allow its flagship brand Stella Artois to be brewed under licence in New Zealand."Talks are in the final stages for a new deal with Lion Nathan. This is to change its present import agreement for Stella Artois and switch it to a licence one, whereby the beer is brewed in New Zealand," a Interbrew spokesman told just-drinks.com.Sources at Lion Nathan had told local reporters that a decision would be made on Wednesday but Interbrew said "no time frame had been agreed as yet."CEO Gordon Cairns had hinted at further involvement with Interbrew and the Stella Artois brand last month in an interview he gave to just-drinks.com (see
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research