BELGIUM: Interbrew confirms shortfall in EBITDA consensus
Belgian beer giant Interbrew has confirmed the reports on Friday that it is expecting core profits for the year to come in below consensus forecasts, because of pension costs and foreign exchange discrepancies. In a statement the company said: "Before entering into the radio silence period preceding the publication of the full year 2002 results, (starting January 11th, 2003), Interbrew confirms that, compared to what it understands to be the analysts market consensus, FOREX movements and the previously announced, weaker performance in Russia have a slight impact on the EBITDA forecast for 2002. This impact is offset by lower CAPEX and depreciation which are below what is Interbrew's understanding of analysts market consensus."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US