BELGIUM: Interbrew confirms shortfall in EBITDA consensus
Belgian beer giant Interbrew has confirmed the reports on Friday that it is expecting core profits for the year to come in below consensus forecasts, because of pension costs and foreign exchange discrepancies. In a statement the company said: "Before entering into the radio silence period preceding the publication of the full year 2002 results, (starting January 11th, 2003), Interbrew confirms that, compared to what it understands to be the analysts market consensus, FOREX movements and the previously announced, weaker performance in Russia have a slight impact on the EBITDA forecast for 2002. This impact is offset by lower CAPEX and depreciation which are below what is Interbrew's understanding of analysts market consensus."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research