CHINA: Interbrew closes transaction with Lion
Interbrew has announced today that is has closed its transaction with the Malaysian Lion Group. The closure means that Interbrew now has a controlling interest in Lion Group's beer business in China.
The closure now positions the group as the third largest brewer in China with 21 million hectolitres sold per annum by 17 breweries present in 6 major provinces: Zhejiang, Guangdong, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu and Shandong.
The brewer expects to achieve a number one position in the Zhejiang (47m inhabitants), Guangdong* (78m) and Hubei (60 mm) provinces; a top 3 position in Hunan (64m) and Jiangsu (74m); and a small presence in the Shandong province (91m).
In a statement, Patrice J. Thys, Interbrew Zone President Asia-Pacific, said: "In addition to strong volumes, well-entrenched brands and local dominance, we have, through this transaction inherited a strong local management team which is a key resource we intend to fully leverage through ongoing training and development to deliver Interbrew's vision for the country."
In a separate development, Interbrew announced yesterday that it had taken over distribution of its premium beer brand Beck's in China. Lion Nathan had produced and distributed the beer in the market since 2001.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
Lion Nathan has confirmed that it is in talks with an Australian wine distributor....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
Lion Nathan has posted a leap in profits for the first half of this year....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends