CHINA: Interbrew closes Chinese acquisition
Interbrew has closed its acquisition of China's K.K. Brewery. The Belgian brewer paid US$35m cash for a 70% stake of the brewing operations of the Chinese K.K. Group.
The K.K. Brewery, located in the city of Ningbo (the second largest harbour of china, after Shanghai), is the leading brewer in the Province of Zhejiang. Interbrew said the transaction reinforced its commitment to play a leading role in the consolidation of the beer market in China's Yangtze Delta region.
The transaction corresponds to a 7.2x EBITDA multiple.
K.K. Brewery operates two breweries and a bottling line in the Yangtze Delta. The 2002 volume of K.K. Brewery was 2.5 million hl. Its main brands are K (King beer) and Zizhulin, the leading standard lagers, and K.K. and one week, the premium brands.
During the closing period Interbrew sold the operations of the K.K. Brewery in Kunming in the Yunnan Province (close to Vietnam), because they did not fit in with Interbrew's strategy for China.
"Interbrew seeks to be a leading player in the consolidation of the beer market in the prosperous coastal region of China. In this region we are creating a strong local platform in which to further grow our Chinese brands." said John F. Brock, CEO of Interbrew. "The K.K. brands will considerably strengthen our Chinese platform and enhance the product offering to our consumers."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts