BELGIUM: Interbrew appoints Dutch boss
The Belgian brewer Interbrew has appointed Steve Kitching as country manager for the Netherlands after 18 years with the company's UK business.
Kitching, 40, managing director of take home sales at Interbrew UK, has worked in the UK business for the past 18 years in a variety of sales positions.
Steve Cahillane, chief executive of Interbrew UK, said: "Steve has built a really strong team. Although he will be missed by the entire organization, this is a fantastic opportunity for him and I'm sure that he will make a great success of the challenges ahead. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Steve for his immense contribution to the business over many years."
Kitching joined Whitbread take home in 1985. In March 2000, he was appointed Take Home Sales Director and joined the Interbrew UK Board in April 2001. In January 2003, he assumed the role of Managing Director of Take Home Sales.
Interbrew UK will announce his successor in due course.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report