BELGIUM: Interbrew and Philips launch PerfectDraft
Interbrew and Royal Philips Electronics have announced the development of PerfectDraft, a result of their global partnership. PerfectDraft is a new system which combines a high-quality appliance and consumer-preferred beer brands in light metal kegs, delivering the taste of draught beer in the comfort of one's own home.
Starting this autumn, consumers in Belgium can experience draught beer in their homes, enjoying their preferred beer freshly drawn from PerfectDraft.
PerfectDraft is an appliance with a tap handle, internal cooling system, pump, and 6-litre light metal keg. PerfectDraft keeps beer at the optimal conditions at a constant temperature of 3° C. Once installed, the beer stays fresh for 4 weeks.
In a statement, John Brock, Interbrew's CEO commented: "When Interbrew came up with the idea of developing an in-home draught-beer dispensing appliance, Philips … was a natural choice. Philips shares with Interbrew the objective of developing innovative products which improve daily life."
Han van Splunter, CEO of Philips Domestic Appliances and Personal Care (DAP) division, added: "Philips strongly believes in developing products which meet the changing behaviour of the consumer. Therefore, we are happy to team up with excellent partners to explore these new needs. "
PerfectDraft will be launched in Belgium, with Stella Artois and Jupiler, and then will gradually be rolled out in other countries. The recommended retail price for the appliance will be €199.99. The recommended price for a 6-litre beer keg will be €14.99.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends