BELGIUM: Interbrew AmBev discussions ongoing
Interbrew confirmed today that it is in continuing discussions with AmBev regarding a possible significant transaction.
In a statement released today, the company said: "If such discussions are successful and the transaction is completed, such transaction could involve the exchange of substantial equity interests between the two companies and or their subsidiaries such that Interbrew would own, directly or indirectly, an equity interest in AmBev.
"Under the current discussions, it is intended that AmBev would continue to be a separately listed company.
"The parties are in discussions but the talks have not concluded and there can be no assurances that an agreement will be reached," the statement concluded.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
The Brazilian brewer AmBev, now part of the InBev empire, said yesterday that its first quarter net income had fallen 52.7% to R$144.2m....
AmBev Peru is to launch a new beer in the market that will bring competition to a market so far dominated by the monopoly of Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston SAA, or Backus....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends