CHINA: Interbrew acquires KK Brewery for $42m
Interbrew said the deal extends its local platform from Nanjing further into the Zhejiang Province and confirmed its commitment to take a leading role in the consolidation of the beer industry in China's Yangtze Delta.
“We are pleased to acquire this 70% stake in KK Brewery. All parameters of this transaction are attractive.” said Stefan Descheemaeker, Interbrew's chief strategy and business development officer. “At an EBITDA multiple of 7.5, the KK Brewery operations extend our presence in the Yangtze Delta in a natural way, close to our current operations in Nanjing. We continue to monitor the Chinese beer market and remain committed to playing a leading role in the consolidation process of the brewing industry in the country. ”
KK chairman, Xu Rom Xian, said: “We are pleased with the agreement. The combination of Interbrew’s international experience and marketing expertise with the local knowledge and channels of KK Brewery will improve our company’s competitiveness and take our company forward.”
KK has 80% of the market in Ningbo city. The company operates two breweries and one bottling line in Ningbo and on the island of Zhoushan, a popular tourist destination. It also has a brewery in Kunming in the Yunan Province, close to the Vietnamese border. Annual volumes at the company total just under 3m hls, with the standard lager, KK, and the premium beer, Zizhulin, its main brands.
The deal also includes KK Brewery’s stake in the Lion brewing unit, a joint venture with its Malaysian partner Consitrade Sdn Bhd.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research