UK: Interbev launches Caorunn premium gin
A super premium Scottish gin, named Caorunn, has been launched in the UK by International Beverage Holdings, the global arm of ThaiBev.
Caorunn, pronounced 'ka-roon' and priced at GBP21.99, is being launched in the UK this summer, Interbev announced yesterday (2 July).
The gin, which contains all natural ingredients, uses pure grain spirit, Scottish Highland water and is distilled at Balmenach Distillery, said the group.
Caorunn is the Gaelic name for the Rowan berry, which is one of five core botanicals used in the gin, alongside coul blush apple, heather, bog myrtle and dandelion. A further six unnamed yet "traditional" gin botanicals have also been used.
"We're confident it will attract the attention of bar tenders and mixologists alike," said brand manager Iby Bakos.
Interbev has set up a website for the gin, www.caorunngin.com.
Earlier this week, Interbev's Inver House Distillers subsidiary announced the launch of its oldest variety of Old Pulteney single malt Scotch whisky.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
Bacardi Brown-Forman has unveiled a global print campaign for its Bombay Sapphire gin brand....
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a deal for its Isle of Skye Scotch whisky to sponsor Scottish Racing....
Pernod Ricard has appointed Tim Murphy as its vice president of marketing and innovation in the US, while Jonas Renner Tahlin will replace him as vice president of vodka marketing in the country....
Park Place Drinks' Q Tonic...
Pernod Ricard has announced a global extension of the 'Leave an Impression' advertising platform for the 12 year old variant of Ballantine's Scotch whisky....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future