FRANCE: Inter Beaujolais appoints new president
Inter Beaujolais represents France's Beaujolais makers
The trade body for Beaujolais wines, Inter Beaujolais, has appointed a new president.
Bruno Mallet takes over from previous president Dominique Capart for a two-year term, the organisation announced yesterday (6 September). Mallet, 42, has been director of Les Vins Aujoux since 2009.
“With Beaujolais sales now gradually on the increase over the past few months, there is a great sense of belief and a buzz in the region that I am fully behind,” Mallet said.
General secretary of the Beaujolais Winemakers Union Thierry Saint-Cyr succeeds Xavier Barbet of Maison Loron as Inter Beaujolais VP.
Capart, from Domaine de la Chapelle de Vâtre, was first elected president in 2008 and re-elected in 2010.
To read a just-drinks interview with Barbet and Inter Beaujolais DG Jean Bourjade, click here.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research