GLOBAL: Innovative beverages compete for consumer attention
Productscan has revealed that a wave of niche products has recently been launched across the globe, illustrating how drinks manufacturers are getting ahead of one another by continually offering something different.
Diabeticom has launched a bottled water for diabetics across Belgium, Luxembourg and France. The company claimed that when Nutradia GlucoRedux Blood-Sugar Reducing Water is consumed after meals, it can increase insulin production, improve glucose assimilation and regulate blood sugar levels.
In Norway, Pharmalogica has introduced The Smartfish Smart Week Fruktjuice with Omega-3. The pomegranate, apple, pear, aronia and passion fruit juice drink is said to be rich in antioxidants and provides 705mg of marine omega-3 per 150ml serving.
In Israel, Tnuva Food Industries has launched its Shock Chocolate Milk Drink in an expandable bottle. The beverage, which has an extendable neck to be pulled up when consumed and collapsed when stored, is designed to take up less space in the refrigerator.
Absolut Spirits recently launched its limited edition Absolut Disco vodka in Poland, with a mirror-covered bottle to attract disco fans.
Anheuser-Busch launched a 100% recyclable raindrop-shaped bottle for its Purus vodka brand in the US in an effort to emphasise the purity of the vodka. Purus is made from "organic Italian wheat and water from the Italian Alps, distilled five times and refined through an active charcoal filtration process.
In Russia, Baltika Breweries also recently introduced an unpasteurised beer under its Kupecheskoye Zhivoye brand. The brewer claims the beer is longer-lasting than other unpasteurised beers, giving it a shelf life of two months.
In the end, the fall of Anheuser-Busch to a sweetened bid from InBev has been far swifter than most commentators expected. And, after close to 150 years of proud independence, the King of Beers will h...
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
Ten facts about Anheuser-Busch:...
Pernod Ricard has been set a selection of hoops to jump through ahead of the closure of its acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has introduced the German vodka brand Wodka Gorbatschow to the Indian market....
Anglo Drinks is unveiling four pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, under the brand name Crystal Camel....
Maxxium UK is launching an Absolut Vodka summer gift pack for the UK market....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends