US: Innovative Beverage Group signs Ludwig distribution deal
Innovative Beverage Group (IBG) has entered into an agreement with Ludwig Distributing Company to bring the company's 'relaxation beverage' Drank to east-central Arkansas.
"Demand for Drank in the southern US has grown exponentially," said Peter Bianchi, CEO of IBG. "Galvanising our operations in the region with a significant Anheuser-Busch distributor like Ludwig Distributing Company helps ensure continuity in the supply chain as well as an opportunity to broaden our circulation throughout their widespread east-central Arkansas territory."
Drank, with its slogan of "slow your roll", is a lightly carbonated "relaxation beverage" launched in 2008. Ingredients include melatonin, valerian root and rose hips.
"We are eager to add Drank to our portfolio of products," said Kyle Ludwig, general manager of Ludwig Distributing. "The addition of Drank demonstrates our mission to help clients identify new trends that will generate additional revenue stream."
Drank is currently sold at 7-Eleven stores nationwide and, through its network of independent distributors at retailers in major markets across the US.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has questioned the legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages and may ban the drinks if producers cannot prove that adding caffeine to alcohol is safe....
The US Food ad Drug Administration is to investigate the safety and legality of caffeinated alcoholic beverages, following concern over the effects of the drinks on consumers....
AmBev, the division of Anheuser-Busch InBev, booked a 5.8% increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by beer sales in Brazil and prices increases....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Disappointment over Anheuser-Busch InBev's third quarter beer sales has been largely offset by the brewer's optimism on the fourth quarter and progress on synergies, according to analysts....
Anheuser-Busch InBev booked an increase in profits in the third quarter of the year as price rises and cost cuts offset lower beer consumption....
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its third quarter results on Thursday 12 November....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets