UK: Innocent drops Fruitstock festival in UK
Innocent Drinks is dropping its Fruitstock music festival in the UK for a village fête in the capital.
The smoothie company confirmed to just-drinks today (26 April) that the festival, which has been held over one weekend in August for the last four years in London, will not be held this year. Instead, Innocent will look to hold a fête-style event in the capital on 4-5 August.
"The event will be more of a family-based event, which will be ticketed," a spokesperson for Innocent told just-drinks today. "The fête will be comparatively low-key, with less people than attended Fruitstock."
The spokesperson emphasised that Innocent had enjoyed running the festival. "There was definitely nothing wrong with it," she said. "We did find, however, that over a weekend in August, when the weather can usually be quite good in London, it was getting quite hard to judge how many people would turn up.
"With this new event, we will be able to offer a much better Innocent experience."
Further details about the fête can be expected next month, the spokesperson concluded.
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
The expanding functional soft drinks market will continue to offer opportunities for smaller companies but, writes Helen Lewis, the growth potential has attracted major drinks corporations who are exp...
The biennial IFE trade show in London has over the years been the initial launch pad for many successful brands and heralded numerous mainstream trends in the soft drinks sector. Annette Farr visited ...
The Advertising Standards Authority in the UK has pulled up Innocent for an advert that claimed its smoothie detoxified the body....
Innocent has teamed up with Carbon Clear in the UK in a promotion that will be dedicated to replanting trees....
Innocent plans to launch a range of water products in the UK functional drinks market this month....
Innocent is teaming up with McDonald's by trialling its smoothies at 80 of the fast food company's restaurants in the north of England....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends