UK: Innocent Drinks signs 2012 Olympics deal
Innocent said its plans for the 2012 Olympics are currently being finalised
Innocent Drinks has confirmed that it is to be the official juice and smoothie provider for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in the UK.
Reports last week said that The Coca-Cola Co was looking at involving Innocent in its Olympic strategy. The US soft drinks firm owns a 58% stake in Innocent.
A spokesperson for the smoothie maker confirmed today (5 December) that it will be an official partner of the Games. The spokesperson said: "It will be a big focus for us in 2012 and we are planning to invest significantly behind it - our plans are currently being finalised, but will include digital activation, on pack, experiential and in-store activity."
Innocent recently dismissed speculation that it is looking to sell the rest of the company to Coca-Cola Co.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK