FINLAND: Innocent Drinks enters Finland
UK smoothie group Innocent Drinks has launched its namesake smoothie brand in Finland as part of its strategy to expand in Scandinavia.
The company said today (11 February) that it has worked with sales and marketing partner Helsinki Foodstock to launch the smoothie last month.
The brand is currently available in Waynes Coffee outlets, Stockmann food halls, Helsinki airport and in a number of cafes in the country.
"Things have got off to a great start, with sales exceeding expectations and we have been really impressed with the enthusiastic response that we've had from both consumers and the trade to our smoothies," a spokesperson told just-drinks.
"Finland is a natural extension to our current operations in Denmark, Sweden and Norway and we think it is a perfect market for our smoothies given the Finns' desire for healthy, natural and ethical food and drink."
Worsening economic conditions hit Innocent smoothie sales last year, with like-for-like sales falling by around 20% in value for the six months to the end of September. The drop was blamed on declining consumer spending power, largely due to the rising cost of bills and food staples, as part of a general economic downturn.
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
The UK Office of Fair Trading has shrugged off competition concerns to approve Coca-Cola Co's acquisition of a stake in smoothie maker Innocent Drinks....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends