Innis & Gunn creates French JV with Grupo Diego Zamora
SIP Drinks will be headquartered in Paris
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn has partnered with Spain's Grupo Diego Zamora to create a joint venture, which will handle their combined portfolios in France.
The company, SIP (Selected, Imported, Premium) Drinks, will import and distribute Innis & Gunn's beers as well as Zamora's portfolio, including Rioja Ramon Bilbao and liqueur Licor 43. The unit is based in Paris.
The companies said today that the venture will initially concentrate on the on-trade and independent wine shops. SIP will also invest in "consumer trial, brand awareness and visibility".
Robert Eastham, Europe region director at Grupo Diego Zamora said: "In the complex organisation of drinks distribution in the French market, creating SIP Drinks with Innis & Gunn is the ideal solution for Grupo Zamora and its partner to address the issues that route to market raises: brand focus, resources, attention to detail and more."
Under the agreement Innis & Gunn and Grupo Diego Zamora will share all resources. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Last month, Innis & Gunn switched the US distribution of its range of beers from an in-house affiliate to United States Beverage.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts