CHILE: Injunction halts Coke's plans to terminate Chile bottling franchise
An injunction by Chile's antimonopoly commission has blocked Coca-Cola from halting the Canada Dry and Crush bottling franchises held by Chile's Compania Cervecerias Unidas SA.Under an agreement with Cadbury Schweppes, CCU's Emobtelladora Chillenas Unidas SA unit were to bottle Canada Dry and Crush beverages in Chile until 2004, but according to reports, when Coca Cola bought Cadbury Schweppes last year it informed the CCU unit its bottling agreement would be terminated in 60 days.Embobtelladora is also a franchisee of Pepsico and both CCU and Pepsi Cola claim Coca-Cola's decision to terminate the agreement in Chile is a threat to free competition in the soft drinks industry.An injunction has been in force since January and has now been extended by the antimonopoly commission for 180 days while the investigation continues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review