GENEVA: Infowines.com launches MyCellar(tm) to manage and evaluate the cellars of the world's wine enthusiasts
MyCellar(tm), complements Infowines' information platform, by enabling wine collectors to: Create, manage and evaluate their wine cellars online. The wine value reflects directly and automatically the market offers within Infowines B2B global database. These are not retail prices, rather the wholesaler and distributor prices. As such the value given to the bottles is in direct relation with the relevant market price offered by the leading European wine merchants.
- The values of the wines are realistic and up-to-date estimations, based on Infowines database of prices of more than 1,000 rare and fine wines, stocked by 300 merchants in 8 countries.
- Wine enthusiasts and collectors can also use the system to propose and sell part or all their collection to merchants that are affiliated with Infowines.
Private wine cellars are an essential part of the fine and rare wine market as they provide an important source of replenishment for the stocks of wine merchants and their clients. The value of the market for rare and speculative wines is estimated to be in the order of Sfr 810 billion (US$ 5-6 billion) a year.
MyCellar is provided free to collectors, with Infowines revenue coming from transaction on the sale of these fine bottles to its network of affiliated European merchants.
"This is a really exciting development that uses Infowines' existing and substantial database to provide real-time cellar management service that enables wine collectors to realistically evaluate their cellars," said Morris Katri.
InfoWines S.A. is the global Gateway to Rare Wines(tm) through its Internet portal, Infowines.com(tm). Infowines is the brainchild of wine professionals and wine lovers, Morris Katri and Arnaud Canoen Van Oudendycke, who recognized that the Internet could be used to bring together many different information sources on rare wines into one central and easily accessible service. Infowines is an independent information resource for professionals and lovers of rare wines, and the company has no affiliations with groups, producers, merchants or organisations. The company has a growing base of registered stocks of rare wines and subscribers. Infowines was founded in 1999 and is financially backed by 3i, the leading European venture capital company.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018