US: Industry veterans launch Capital Brands
A group of US drinks industry veterans have launched a new company, Capital Brands LLC, which will produce and market its own branded premium spirits to be sold globally.
The firm's first division, The Tennessee Spirits Company, will initially produce two whiskeys and a cream liqueur. The company also plans to build a new distillery, in Pulaski, Tennessee, designed as a destination for travellers and whiskey fans.
Former Woodford Reserve Distillerry manager, Dave Scheurich, has been recruited as Capital Brands' master distiller. The team includes president & CEO Ernie Blockburger and senior VP and chief marketing officer Bob Reider.
“Our team is big enough to service markets around the world, but small enough to provide our customers with the personal service they demand,” said Reider. “Our culture exudes a family feel and it’s important to us that our customers, distributors and vendors feel like a part of that family.”
Capital Brands' US distribution will be handled by Southern Wine & Spirits, Glazers and other tier one distributors, and will cover all 50 states.
Its international network will initially reach into Australia, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and worldwide duty free.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020