UK: Industry veteran hooks up with Orbital Wines
Orbital Wines Limited has appointed a new managing director.
The UK-based wine agency confirmed today (29 May) that Michael Paul will assume the new position. After more than 25 years in the wine industry, Paul - who has previously been MD of Western Wines and Southcorp Europe - will be charged with leading the growth of the business, in the UK and Europe in particular.
"I have a clear vision for the future of Orbital Wines," said Orbital CEO Jason Korman. "We want to overlay our strong marketing and innovative ability with a clear commercial strategy and Mike's record of success and leadership will be integral in taking Orbital to the next level."
Paul has spent the last six months as chairman of Wine Intelligence and Lovethatwine.com and as a director of Match Consultants. He will change to a non-executive role as chairman of the advisory board at Wine Intelligence and step down from lovethatwine.com in order to concentrate on his new role at Orbital.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video