UK: Industry veteran hooks up with Orbital Wines
Orbital Wines Limited has appointed a new managing director.
The UK-based wine agency confirmed today (29 May) that Michael Paul will assume the new position. After more than 25 years in the wine industry, Paul - who has previously been MD of Western Wines and Southcorp Europe - will be charged with leading the growth of the business, in the UK and Europe in particular.
"I have a clear vision for the future of Orbital Wines," said Orbital CEO Jason Korman. "We want to overlay our strong marketing and innovative ability with a clear commercial strategy and Mike's record of success and leadership will be integral in taking Orbital to the next level."
Paul has spent the last six months as chairman of Wine Intelligence and Lovethatwine.com and as a director of Match Consultants. He will change to a non-executive role as chairman of the advisory board at Wine Intelligence and step down from lovethatwine.com in order to concentrate on his new role at Orbital.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends