EU: Industry to comment on Coke anti-trust case
European Commission, on Friday, began a formal market test into the proposals submitted by The Coca-Cola Company and three of its anchor bottlers in Europe to solve the long-standing investigation by the European Commission into Coca-Cola's business practices in Europe.
The Commission has published an Official Journal summarising the Commission's concerns and the Coca-Cola commitments as well as a website-link to the complete version of the undertaking.
All of Coca-cola's customers and competitors in the European Union, Norway and Iceland now have the chance to express their opinions as to whether the proposed commitments solve the competition concerns identified by the European Commission in its investigation.
These concerns relate to exclusivity provisions, shelf space arrangements and technical sales equipments.
Those interested in commenting or learning more about Coca-Cola's commitments should visit: http://europa.eu.int/comm/competition/antitrust/cases/decisions/39116/tccc_final_undertaking_041019.pdf
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery