USA: Industry seeks $15m in fight against glassy-winged sharpshooter
The California wine industry has asked for grants of $15m a year from the federal government in its bid to rid the state of Pierce's disease and its carrier the glassy-winged sharpshooter (GWSS). The California agricultural delegation asked that the $15.3m in emergency funding supplied by the US Department of Agriculture last year become an annual grant in the federal budget.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Comment - Wine - Not on the List
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits
- Edrington to set up global Travel Retail team