INDIA: Industry pushes for tax reduction
The Indian Soft Drinks Manufacturers Association is claiming a 50% increase in excise has seriously affected the industry and soft drink manufacturers are now asking the government to reduce Special Excise Tax (SET). Basic excise duty on chewing tobacco, pan masala, cosmetics and aerated waters (soft drinks) is 16%. The Special Excise Tax (SET) on aerated waters is 40%. To bring it in line with other food products the industry is proposing a removal of 24% in SET.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory