INDIA: Industry pushes for tax reduction
The Indian Soft Drinks Manufacturers Association is claiming a 50% increase in excise has seriously affected the industry and soft drink manufacturers are now asking the government to reduce Special Excise Tax (SET). Basic excise duty on chewing tobacco, pan masala, cosmetics and aerated waters (soft drinks) is 16%. The Special Excise Tax (SET) on aerated waters is 40%. To bring it in line with other food products the industry is proposing a removal of 24% in SET.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Coca-Cola's H1 & Q2 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action