EU: Industry body pushes responsible drinking guide
The European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the European Spirits Organisation - CEPS have published a brochure detailing the drinks industry's efforts to help tackle alcohol-related harm.
The Drinks Industry Initiatives 2006 brochure, released today (5 September), lists initiatives which address underage drinking, drink-driving, responsible serving/selling training schemes, pregnancy and the workplace.
"As a reliable partner in the responsible drinking effort, EFRD actively promotes the 'targeted approach' as the most effective and tailored way to address problematic drinking without punishing those who consume responsibly", said Alan Butler, EFRD chairman.
"This new publication is another example of the long-term commitment shown by the spirits industry in promoting responsible drinking behaviour," added CEPS director general, Jamie Fortescue. "This builds on the adoption in 2005 of the CEPS Charter on Responsible Alcohol Consumption."
As well as detailing the initiatives, the brochure evaluates their impact.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
In spite of intense and mounting consumer interest in environmental issues and sustainable agriculture, organic wine is a comparatively undeveloped area of the market. But, writes Chris Losh, the curr...
The Portman Group is to undergo an image overhaul to reflect its role as a drinks industry regulator, the UK body said today (2 March)....
Constellation Brands has warned of "challenges" ahead in fiscal 2008 due to fierce price competition in the UK wine market, the wine glut in Australia and the decision to cut its wine inventories in t...
The price of a glass of wine or beer in Hong Kong looks set to fall after the local government today (28 February) announced a wave of tax cuts....
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has pressed for further action over counterfeit spirits from Bulgaria, even though progress has been made against the problem....
Coors Brewing Co. has revamped its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Swedish brewer Spendrups is preparing to launch a stronger version of its low-carb beer next month....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Inchdairnie and the quiet whisky revolution
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- Purity Vodka appoints new CEO
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends