INDIA: Indian government to grant wine separate industry status
The Indian government is likely to grant the wine segment industry status in the next few months, according to local press reports. The decision, when it materialises, comes after persistent pressure from the wine business to grant it separate industry status. A senior government official was quoted in the Financial Express as saying: "There has been an ongoing demand from the wine manufactures to grant their sector an industry status. Now with the opening up of Quantitive Restrictions (QRs) and the proposed import of wines into the country, the government is planning to grant the wine sector industry status."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer