INDIA: Indian Beverage Association to add more members
Indian Beverage Association ready for business
The recently-formed Indian Beverage Association (IBA) is set to add more players to its existing body of nine founder members, which include The Coca Cola, Pepsico, Red Bull, Dabur, the Indian Soft Drinks Manufacturers' Association and Pearl Drinks Ltd.
Arvind Varma, the IBA's secretary general, said: “The association seeks to be a representative body and one-point contact between members, the government, regulatory bodies and state governments." One of the key issues it will be dealing with pertain to food safety and standards, which has become a key focus for the Indian Government.
The IBA also intends to publish studies and reports that cover various aspects of India's soft drinks industry. “We have also become a member of the International Council of Beverages Association and hope to build a huge data base”, said Varma.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team