INDIA: Indian authorities question Pernod Seagram acquisition
India's Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) has objected to the takeover of Seagram Manufacturing India by Pernod Ricard, the result of the Diageo/Pernod acquisition of Seagram last year, because of an alleged failure by Seagram to pay duties. The problem stems back to a show cause notice issued to Seagram by the DTI in January that accused Seagram of mis-declaring and undervaluing bulk Scotch concentrates and evading customs duties of Rs38 crore ($8.4m) over a five year period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research