INDIA - Radico Khaitan withdraws from Diageo JV
Radico Khaitan will hand control of the JV to Diageo
Diageo Radico Distilleries, which was set up in 2006, will pass into Diageo’s hands, the Indian firm said late last week. The announcement follows confirmation in September of Diageo’s intention to end the Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) alliance “in the coming months".
Since September, Diageo has looked to set up its own distribution presence to handle its international brands in the country.
Releasing its fourth quarter and full-year results at the same time, Radico said that “net profits for the year have been adjusted for a loss of INR125m (US$2.3m) on the sale of this (JV) investment”.
For its fiscal year, net profits increased by 11.4% on the previous 12 months to INR791m, while net sales were up by 19.7% to INR15.3bn.
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
The penultimate part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the wine sector, looks at how the wine companies are pulling together to soften their collective footpr...
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends