INDIA - Radico Khaitan withdraws from Diageo JV
Radico Khaitan will hand control of the JV to Diageo
Diageo Radico Distilleries, which was set up in 2006, will pass into Diageo’s hands, the Indian firm said late last week. The announcement follows confirmation in September of Diageo’s intention to end the Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) alliance “in the coming months".
Since September, Diageo has looked to set up its own distribution presence to handle its international brands in the country.
Releasing its fourth quarter and full-year results at the same time, Radico said that “net profits for the year have been adjusted for a loss of INR125m (US$2.3m) on the sale of this (JV) investment”.
For its fiscal year, net profits increased by 11.4% on the previous 12 months to INR791m, while net sales were up by 19.7% to INR15.3bn.
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
The penultimate part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the wine sector, looks at how the wine companies are pulling together to soften their collective footpr...
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends