AUS: Independent Liquor lines up CEO - report
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year.
Doug McKay, chief executive of international seafood company Sealord, will assume the equivalent position at Independent in May, local reports said today (31 January).
McKay's five-year contract with Sealord is coming to an end, making now "a good time to hand over the reins", McKay told the New Zealand Herald.
In December, private equity firm CCMP Capital teamed up with Pacific Equity Partners to snap up Independent Liquor for NZ$1.3bn (US$896.8m).
The distiller, which was put up for sale following the death of its founder Michael Erceg last year, had been the subject of a battle for ownership that included Diageo, Lion Nathan and Nikko Principal Investments.
McKay, who was previously managing director of Lion Breweries, would not give the Herald any further comments on Independent prior to him assuming the position in three months' time.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
The CEO of niche Australian brewer Little World Beverages has resigned from the business....
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015