AUS: Independent Liquor lines up CEO - report
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year.
Doug McKay, chief executive of international seafood company Sealord, will assume the equivalent position at Independent in May, local reports said today (31 January).
McKay's five-year contract with Sealord is coming to an end, making now "a good time to hand over the reins", McKay told the New Zealand Herald.
In December, private equity firm CCMP Capital teamed up with Pacific Equity Partners to snap up Independent Liquor for NZ$1.3bn (US$896.8m).
The distiller, which was put up for sale following the death of its founder Michael Erceg last year, had been the subject of a battle for ownership that included Diageo, Lion Nathan and Nikko Principal Investments.
McKay, who was previously managing director of Lion Breweries, would not give the Herald any further comments on Independent prior to him assuming the position in three months' time.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
The CEO of niche Australian brewer Little World Beverages has resigned from the business....
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer