IRELAND: Independent Franchise Partners ups C&C Group stake
C&C Group attractive to Independent Franchise Partners
Hedge fund Independent Franchise Partners has built up a 6% stake in C&C Group.
C&C Group announced late last week that Independent Franchise Partners (IFP) has taken its stake in the Magners cider maker to 6.04%, after buying a further 3m shares in the company. Shareholdings must be disclosed after the 6% ownership line is crossed.
The move makes the private finance group C&C's third biggest shareholder, according to Ireland's Independent newspaper. Financial details of the IFP transaction were not disclosed, but C&C Group's stock market value stood at EUR977m (US$1.3bn) in morning trading today (10 October).
C&C will report its half-year results on 19 October.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?