INDIA: Indage Vintners denies Asahi stake sale talks
Indage Vintners has denied that it is in talks with Japan's Asahi and Indian businessman Ravi Jain about a stake sale, but confirmed that it is seeking to raise fresh finance.
"The company has not disccussed at any level with Asahi or Ravi Jain about any proposal," Indage said in a stock filing today (4 June).
Local press reports, including in Mint and the Economic Times, this week said that Indage is seeking an outside investor and that Asahi is a frontrunner in negotiations.
"The promoter family has not engaged any investment banker for any mandate to seek investment by Asahi Breweries, Ravi Jain or Pernod Ricard or any other such 'suitors'," said the wine group, which changed its name this earlier this year from Champagne Indage.
However, Indage confirmed in a later filing today that it is seeking to raise fresh finance.
A board meeting to be held on 9 June will "consider the raising of long-term/medium-term financial resources", said the group, adding that it is eyeing a share rights or bond issue.
It did not say what the extra funding would be used for.
At only 37 years old, Alexandre Ricard's swift ascent on the Pernod Ricard power ladder has turned heads in the industry. His latest role, as CEO of Irish Distillers, has coincided with strong growth ...
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Pernod Ricard has signed a sponsorship deal with China's Omega Mission Hill World Cup for its Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard's Powers 12 Year Old Special Reserve...
Fortune Brands, owner of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, expects to increase the proportion of its sales from outside of the US, group chief financial officer Craig Omtvedt has told an investor conference...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has confirmed it plans to sell one of its bottling facilities in Scotland....
just-drinks has today (19 November) published an interview with Irish Distillers CEO Alexandre Ricard. Here are five career facts about the man tipped to one day head Pernod Ricard's empire....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report