UK: Indage UK to bottle Foster's wine - report
Indage UK has signed a deal to bottle Foster's wine brands, according to an unconfirmed report.
Indage UK, a division of Indian wine giant Indage Vintners, previously Champagne Indage, has secured a deal to bottle wine for Foster's East Europe and Middle East (EEMD), according to a report in India's Economic Times today (12 January).
Spokespeople for Foster's and Indage in the UK were unavailable when contacted by just-drinks.
Indage UK bought UK firm Corby Bottlers and sister group Darlington Wines last year, rescuing the two groups from administration.
Indage recently entered talks to buy UK-based Broadland Wineries, but a source familiar with negotiations told just-drinks last week that a deal has fallen through, principally because Indage was unable to raise the necessary funds.
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Diageo is not looking to acquire Britvic, despite recent press reports, just-drinks understands....
The CEO of Coca-Cola Amatil has hinted that the soft drinks group might consider a play for Foster's' beer unit, should Foster's sell off its wine business....
The head of SABMiller's beer business in India is to leave the group....
Molson Coors, the Canada-based brewer, is prepared to increase its debt load in order to make acquisitions, the company has confirmed....
United Wineries has expanded its UK team with two appointments....
Asia-based investors have dominated international interest in the sale of Foster's Australian wine assets, but prices are under pressure....
See the top ten news stories published by just-drinks this week....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research