UK: Indage UK to bottle Foster's wine - report
Indage UK has signed a deal to bottle Foster's wine brands, according to an unconfirmed report.
Indage UK, a division of Indian wine giant Indage Vintners, previously Champagne Indage, has secured a deal to bottle wine for Foster's East Europe and Middle East (EEMD), according to a report in India's Economic Times today (12 January).
Spokespeople for Foster's and Indage in the UK were unavailable when contacted by just-drinks.
Indage UK bought UK firm Corby Bottlers and sister group Darlington Wines last year, rescuing the two groups from administration.
Indage recently entered talks to buy UK-based Broadland Wineries, but a source familiar with negotiations told just-drinks last week that a deal has fallen through, principally because Indage was unable to raise the necessary funds.
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Diageo is not looking to acquire Britvic, despite recent press reports, just-drinks understands....
The CEO of Coca-Cola Amatil has hinted that the soft drinks group might consider a play for Foster's' beer unit, should Foster's sell off its wine business....
The head of SABMiller's beer business in India is to leave the group....
Molson Coors, the Canada-based brewer, is prepared to increase its debt load in order to make acquisitions, the company has confirmed....
United Wineries has expanded its UK team with two appointments....
Asia-based investors have dominated international interest in the sale of Foster's Australian wine assets, but prices are under pressure....
See the top ten news stories published by just-drinks this week....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign