US: Increased quarterly dividend from Brown-Forman
Brown-Forman has increased the quarterly cash dividend on its Class A and Class B Common Stock by 8% from 28 US cents to 30.25 cents per share.
As a result, the indicated annual cash dividend is to rise from US$1.12 per share to $1.21 per share, the Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort producer said yesterday (16 November). Stockholders of record on 4 December will receive the cash dividend on 1 January.
"We are pleased that our board has approved an 8% increase in our dividend, particularly during a time when we are making significant investments in the expansion of our portfolio," chief executive Paula Varga said.
Brown-Forman has paid regular quarterly cash dividends for some 61 years in succession.
It may not be as well known as Scotch or bourbon but Japanese whisky is winning plaudits for quality and gaining ground internationally. Marcin Miller believes the growing popularity of Japanese cuisi...
Brown-Forman is lining up the sale of its Paso Robles winery and vineyards in California as part of a streamlining of its wine operations....
Empire Merchants has formed a sales division to represent the Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau brands New York....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
Oeneo Closures USA has appointed a managing director....
Brown-Forman has announced that its vice chairman, general counsel and secretary Michael B. Crutcher is to retire....
Brown-Forman's board of directors has approved a cash distribution of approximately US$205m to shareholders....
Italian spirits and wine group Davide Campari-Milano has seen annual profits inch up over 3% in 2006....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018