BELGIUM: InBev v Heineken for China bid – report
InBev and Heineken are squaring up for a battle over a stake in a Chinese brewer, according to Belgian press reports. In a report on Saturday (29 October), Le Soir newspaper claimed that the two brewers have made competing bids for a 30% stake in Xujin brewery in Fujian province.
No sources were cited in the report.
The brewery is currently owned by management and the local government, the report said, and has production levels of around 4.5m hectolitres a year.
When contacted by just-drinks today, InBev declined to comment on the report. No-one was available at Heineken to comment, although a spokesperson for the brewer told Reuters this weekend: "As we have said before, we are generally interested in opportunities in China and Asia."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
San Miguel Brewery Hong Kong has secured a deal to distribute InBev's products in the city and neighbouring Macau....
Investment bank Goldman Sachs has restarted coverage of InBev. It has given the world's largest brewer by volume an "outperform" rating....
InBev, is to close its Labatt's Toronto brewery by the end of the year, with repercussions for some 265 employees. ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
InBev has added a Russian brewery to its pilot project to improve efficiency throughout its operations....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China