BULGARIA: InBev unit ups focus on key brand - report
InBev's Bulgarian unit is stepping up its marketing investment behind flagship beer Astika, according to local reports.
Kamenitza, Bulgaria's largest brewer, is looking to take the Astika brand nationwide, the SeeNews agency reported on Wednesday (10 January). The brewer is looking to revamp the beer's packaging and expand the distribution of the brand throughout the country.
SeeNews said that strong marketing campaigns have helped boost Ariana, a beer brand owned by Kamenitza's nearest rival Zagorka, which has now become the best-selling beer in Bulgaria.
The report cited figures from market analysts ACNielsen, who said Ariana sales accounted for 14.7% of beer sales in November. The previous best seller, Kamenitza's namesake brand, accounted for 13.6% of the market, the report said.
Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company....
The Argentinean brewer Quilmes Industrial is to invest US$100m this year in increasing production and expanding its sales network. The brewer said it was also increasing investment in technological in...
UBS has increased its 2007 growth estimates for Heineken. However, in a research note the investment bank said it was maintaining its "neutral 1" rating on the Dutch brewer....
InBev has confirmed that its subsidiary Immobrew could accept an offer from a buyer within the week....
Diageo has dismissed, yet again, speculation that it is considering selling its Guinness beer brand....
Carlsberg stays silent over speculation it plans to bid for Scottish & Newcastle....
Carlsberg has lined up a range of wines exclusively for the UK on-trade....
Carlsberg has moved to quell speculation that it has started lining up candidates for the post of chief executive....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research