UK: InBev UK unveils pint-sized Stella Artois cans
InBev is set to launch Stella Artois in pint-sized cans in the UK.
The 568ml four-can packs are priced at GBP5.25 (US$10.26) and will be available to independent and convenience retailers in the country from this month, the company said today (5 August).
InBev is also helping independent retailers generate incremental beer business with the launch of price-marked promotional packs on brands including Stella Artois, Beck's and Tennent's Lager.
The initiative is aimed at attracting more consumers to the beer fixture and boost impulse purchase through the offer of 'instant added-value' for shoppers, the UK unit said.
"Price-marked packs are extremely popular with independent retail shoppers because they communicate the promotional price and highlight the extra value that is available to them immediately," said Simon Harrison, commercial director - independent off trade at InBev UK.
New Stella Artois 4% will also be available in a price-marked format - offering 8x440ml cans for GBP6.25 when it is launched in the off-trade this month.
January may be the time to look forward to the coming year but few in the drinks industry will be eyeing the coming year with relish. However, given the pessimistic tone of virtually every market and ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has maintained that it remains committed to the Chinese beer market, despite the sale of part of its stake in Tsingtao Brewery in the country....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it will sell a 20% stake in China's Tsingtao Brewery to Japanese brewer Asahi for US$667m, as part of a range of planned disposals....
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it has completed pricing on a three-part bond, intended to help pay off short-term debt and assist in funding InBev's takeover of its US brewing rival....
InBev UK is to be the exclusive beer supplier to Wembey Arena, after signing a two-year deal with owner Quintain Estates and Development....
InBev UK has said it will increase beer prices in the UK in order to absorb rising costs and offset tough market conditions....
Pubs are closing at a faster rate than previously thought in the UK, as the on-trade beer sector suffers from tax rises and the economic downturn, the British Beer and Pub Association has warned....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts