UK: InBev UK ticked off for Artois 'family' inference
InBev has been reprimanded in the UK for inferring that its Artois range of beers is family-owned.
The Advertising Standards Authority ruled today (19 September) that a national press wraparound, which stated: "A family dedicated to brewing for six centuries", suggested that "one family of common ancestry had been involved in the brewing of Stella Artois for six centuries".
InBev UK asserted, however, that the brewing tradition of Artois, and the Artois family of beers, were the result of a heritage of brewing that had been in existence for over 600 years. The intention of the advert had been "to emphasise the continuity of tradition and care found in the Artois family of beers", InBev said.
The authority upheld a complaint over the statement, saying that the claim "One Family, Three Beers, Six Centuries" was still problematic.
InBev has been instructed to remove the claim "a family dedicated to brewing for six centuries", and not to imply in future ads that one family of common ancestry had been involved in the brewing of Artois beers for six centuries.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Constellation has warned that the recent hike in duty on wine in the UK could mark the end of the GBP3.99 (US$8.12) a bottle price point in the country....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
The Czech government has selected a law firm to handle Budejovicky Budvar's switch from state-owned brewer to a joint-stock company, according to local reports....
InBev has released information about last year's salary for its boss as part of the brewer's corporate governance....
InBev has lined up national television advertising for its Beck's Vier beer brand across the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
InBev has posted a strong increase in sales and profits for its full fiscal year....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China