UK: InBev UK & Ireland changes president - again
InBev is losing its second president of its UK & Ireland division in as many years.
The company confirmed yesterday (18 February) that Richard Evans is to leave the company with immediate effect, to be replaced by Stuart MacFarlane. Evans joined InBev in 1994 and held global posts including vice president of commercial strategy and vice president of brands. He became president of InBev UK & Ireland in May 2006, replacing Colin Pendrick, who had been appointed to the position in August 2005.
Specific reasons for Evans' departure were not disclosed.
MacFarlane, meanwhile, has been with InBev for 16 years, and will move from his latest role as global director of customer standards to assume the UK & Ireland leadership.
He described himself as "delighted" at the move, which took effect yesterday. "I would like to pay tribute to the significant contribution that Richard has made to the business during his 14 years of service and recognise his achievements and the work that he has put into InBev. I would like to take this opportunity to wish Richard all the best for the future."
Evans added: "I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with InBev. However the time is right for me to move on and seek new challenges."
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for InBev UK & Ireland declined to give further details on the change. "Richard Evans has left the company by mutual consent in order to seek new challenges," the spokesperson said.
Given the consolidation trend in the global beer market it was not likely to be that long before another mega-deal came along. InBev's move for US giant Anheuser-Busch was not unexpected though the co...
InBev has posted a lift in first-half sales and profits, despite flat volumes for the period....
Latin American brewer AmBev has said second quarter net profit fell 10%, despite gains in both revenue and volumes....
Anheuser-busch has warned it expects a one-off charge of up to US$1bn in the second half of 2008, as the brewer offers incentives for older employees to retire....
InBev has launched a new television advert for Stella Artois in the UK....
InBev is set to launch Stella Artois in pint-sized cans in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Soaring input costs have forced Stella Artois brewer InBev to announce beer price increases in the UK....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report